Organic gardening is now become one of the most favorite hobbies of many people due to its various benefits. Some people think that this can be a tough task to accomplish thus never bothered to try it out at home and end up buying organic vegetables at hefty prices. But only a few knows that growing organic vegetables is a fun and one can get fresh vegetables every day on their table. If you are new to this, then it’s best to first try a small garden as larger gardens can be discouraging and tedious task. But the process of growing organic vegetables can be easier when you know how to do it properly. Learn some tricks and tips to grow them in your home garden and start enjoying fresher than fresh vegetables every day.
Tips to grow organic vegetables at home
Before start farming organic veggies, you need to choose a part of your house which is sunny as for gardening you need a lot of sunlight and air along with other vital nutrients. Then choose before choosing the soil for planting you need to test the pH level of the soil. You can acquire the pH test kits at any nearest gardening store near you. But there are also a few things that you have to keep in mind for growing organic and tasty vegetables at home.
• First get in touch with the local gardeners or the farming experts to know what are the vegetables which grow best in your area or the kind of soil you have in your garden? Then based on that buy the seeds for the organic gardening from the local gardening store.
• Now prepare the soil for the gardening scrape the grass from the garden, shake the dirt out of the soil and clods so that you can make a flat bed for growing plants. If you see that the pH level of your soil is high then you can use different kinds of fertilizers either homemade or purchased from the stores in order to lower the pH level of the soil and make the soil perfect for farming.
• You will need a square wood frame for growing your organic plants. This bed has to be maximum 12inches in height and 30 inches in width to be the best-raised bed for your plants.
• Now after preparing the bed with soil and fertilizers put it somewhere in your house where the plants can get uninterrupted sunlight. for treating the soil and making it an ideal one for farming you have to use the organic fertilizers but when you don’t have any knowledge of it then you can also use the purchased fertilizers too.
• Now first start planting the vegetables like broccoli, peas, potatoes and leeks to prepare the soil fully for the delicate plants and if you are starting the gardening in the time of severe frost. After this, you can start cropping the delicate ones like tomato, squash and so on.
• When the plants are ready to plant in the garden then collect the debris and kitchen wastes and prepare the compost for your plants.
• Make sure that your soil has good drainage and water the plants on a regular basis along with taking other essential care.